AplusB - Academia plus Business
The Austrian Incubator Network
The Science Park Graz is part of AplusB, the Austrian incubator network that bridges the gap between research areas (Academia) and the economic context (Business). All eight AplusB incubators aim to increase the success rate of start-up projects and further the development of innovative and technology-oriented start-ups in the academic field.
- AplusB stimulates start-up projects in the academic field
- AplusB endorses the transfer of knowledge and technology
- AplusB disseminates start-up-related know-how
- AplusB supports and accompanies the (pre-)founding process
- AplusB provides access to relevant networks
- AplusB procures follow-up financing
- AplusB provides physical infrastructure
- AplusB provides financing during the pre-founding, the founding, and the early start-up phases
AplusB shareholders and partners are interlinked with almost all Austrian university institutions, as well as research institutions, funding agencies and companies from the private sector.
Start-up founders benefit from the entire knowledge and the ample networks provided by all AplusB centres.
In order to promote Austrian competitiveness, the Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit) supports the AplusB centres in their activities within the framework of the AplusB impulse programme. The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) coordinates the programme.